Monday, June 7, 2010

Hot Creek

Bill and I headed off to Hot Creek in Mid May and Memorial Day weekend and had a blast. We caught A LOT of Trout! they ranged from 6" to 18". Our weapon was the Black Zebra Midge. about a size 18 or 20. sometimes trailing behind an attractor pattern or other nymphs. I fell upon the new found glory of Polarized glasses (x-ray goggles) Then Bill was able to teach me how to site fish. That's about as good as it gets. Just need to start throwing some dry flys out there now.

On Memorial Day weekend we had a large group of friends come along. we nabbed an awesome camp site in the Big Springs Campground, right on the head waters of the Owens. We spent one day on Hot Creek and a day on Rush Creek. We fished the mouth of where Rush Creek dumps into Grant Lake in the June Lake loop. We were able to eat our trout and cooked up and good late lunch.


Bill and some good sized trout


My spring version of the same winter shot I took in December


I'd been wanting to shoot this thing for a few trips now.
Bill and I also saw 20 to 30" spawners out of Crawley in the tiny creek and they could barley fit




Jeff, Sam and Taylor

"The Trout Slayers"


Bill



My biggest fish so far. 18" brown



Bill's Rainbow

Spot fishing



14"er with in minutes of arriving



Bill's beauty.


















No comments:

Post a Comment